Purposes and Policies of the Brentwood Community Council
The Brentwood Community Council (“BCC”) is the broadest based Brentwood community organization, representing approximately 50,000 stakeholders of the community, including homeowner associations, multi-family residential dwellers, business organizations, schools, religious groups, volunteer service groups, public safety, and environmental organizations.
The purposes of the BCC are:
- To provide a forum for the discussion and review of issues of interest to all Stakeholders in the area known as Brentwood,
- To be an advocate for Brentwood to governmental and private agencies upon those issues that the BCC selects,
- To assist and serve as an advisory body to all federal, state, and local governmental entities and persons, including Council District 11, by making investigations and recommendations on issues relating to Brentwood,
- To assist other organizations in Brentwood desiring help with their objectives or projects that the BCC chooses to support, and
- To engage in such other activities as are allowed by law.
The policies of the BCC are:
- To inform all Members, who shall communicate with their Stakeholders, about issues and news relating to matters before the BCC,
- To endeavor to conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner and give respect to the views of all Stakeholders,
- Not to interfere with the internal affairs of any individual, group, or organization,
- Not to restrict any individual or group or organization from speaking out on any side of any issue on which the individual or group or organization wants to be heard, provided the Chair may reasonably restrict the time and number of speakers on any side of an issue,
- Not to represent any political parties nor endorse any candidate for political office, and
- Not to discriminate in any of its policies, recommendations or actions against any individual or group on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, income or political affiliation.