THIS IS EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR EVERYONE IN
BRENTWOOD AS A WHOLE COMMUNITY.
YOU, YOUR NEIGHBOR, ALL OF US NEED TO BE PREPARED
Fire Prevention Videos
From Dr. Jack D. Cohen, Research Scientist, US Fire Service Rocky Mountain Research Station:
1) Your Home Can Survive a Wildfire
2) If Your Home Doesn’t Ignite It Can’t Burn
3) Understanding Fire Behavior in the Wildland/Urban Interface
4) Radiant Heat versus Firebrands (embers)
A website compiling best practices for creating fire-wise homes and landscapes, from an initiative led by the Santa Monica Mountains Resource Conservation District: defensiblespace.org
Evacuation Orders — Terminology
Cal OES (Governor’s Office of Emergency Services) definitions as of May 2020: Evacuation Orders
FIRE DANGER LEVEL
RED FLAG STATUS
HOW DO YOU PREPARE?
- Your Family Plan. Practice it!
- What will you need? Choose a List
- Sign up for alerts
- NotifyLA – Sign up now. This one is important . There are quite a few of these. They will give you immediate info in an emergency
- Neighborhood Plan– Your neighbors are your first responders.
Emergency services will be there but not immediately. There should be a
neighborhood plan to respond in a crisis. Some things to consider:
- Use RYLAN as a tool to organize your neighborhood
- Does everyone have a list of phone numbers?
- Do you have a FRS/Ham radio network?
- Where will you meet? Who is not safe and will need help
- Be Trained and Informed– CERT, FEMA, & more
- Tips and Tricks – Ideas that are not on the usual lists
LAFD Fire Alerts
- Update Structure Fire KNOCKDOWN 08/10/2022 INC#0859Update KNOCKDOWN Structure Fire; INC#0859; 01:18PM; 1445 N Las Palmas Av; MAP: https://bit.ly/3BXvBw2; Hollywood; KNOCKDOWN: *Updated Address* 43 firefighters extinguished… Read more »