(This section of our website will grow. Initially the contents focuses on fire and earthquake.
More content on these two concerns is coming. Other areas of concern will be added soon.
Check back frequently for updates)
THIS IS EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR EVERYONE IN
BRENTWOOD AS A WHOLE COMMUNITY.
YOU, YOUR NEIGHBOR, ALL OF US NEED TO BE PREPARED
EVERYTHING ON THESE PAGES IS AIMED AT PROVIDING ACCESS TO
INFORMATION YOU MAY NEED. THE CONTENT INCLUDES SUPPLY
LISTS, ORGANIZATIONAL IDEAS, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
CLASSES - INCLUDING LEARNING FOR KIDS, REAL-TIME DISASTER
STATUS UPDATES. SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE TO GET US
ALL PREPARED FOR EVENTS THAT CONCERN EVERYONE.
FIRE DANGER LEVEL
RED FLAG STATUS
HOW DO YOU PREPARE?
- Your Family Plan. Practice it!
- What will you need? Choose a List
- Sign up for alerts
- NotifyLA – Sign up now. This one is important . There are quite a few of these. They will give you immediate info in an emergency
- Neighborhood Plan– Your neighbors are your first responders.
Emergency services will be there but not immediately. There should be a
neighborhood plan to respond in a crisis. Some things to consider:
- Use RYLAN as a tool to organize your neighborhood
- Does everyone have a list of phone numbers?
- Do you have a FRS/Ham radio network?
- Where will you meet? Who is not safe and will need help
- Be Trained and Informed– CERT, FEMA, & more
- Tips and Tricks – Ideas that are not on the usual lists